SOCIAL CLIMBERS TRIP – Thursday 28 November 2019
Destination: Mount Arthur Region
Meet: At 0815, Richmond Aquatic Centre (to organise car pooling)
For our final
walk of the year, we plan a walk ini the Mt Arthur region, see below for the details. The intention is to have two separate groups to accommodate as many members as possible: Mt Arthur Hut G2 and Flora Saddle Hut G1.
The groups will travel together
to the Mt Arthur carpark but return separately.
Mt Arthur Hut group:
- from the carpark it is two+ hours gently upward on an excellent track to the hut.
- from the hut you can return the same way or via Flora Saddle hut.
- 4-5 hours round trip - slowly going. Trail is G1 but steady gentle uphill and duration means walk has been graded a 2.
Flora Saddle Hut group:
- this group have a much less demanding walk - Grade 1.
- it is well within the capabilities of most 'Monday Walkers'.
- from the carpark - gentle
up for less than half an hour then a gentle down to the hut.
- less than two hours round trip - slowly going.
- lunch will be on gentle grassy slopes with a pleasant stream at the hut.
- lunch (water available at both huts)
- sun screen & wind-weather protection plus additional warm clothing as necessary
- Mt Arthur can have severe weather.
The trip will be postponed 1 - 2 or 3 days should it be necessary. Reserve days 29 November and December 5th
- You will be kept informed by email.
- please email John McKinnon your intention:
- Mt Arthur hut group
- Flora Saddle group